- Shipping Info
These lovely plants, with their big white flowers, are pretty enough to use as an ornamental; but, once you taste the peas you will be happy that each flower becomes a pod. These plants are tall (4-5', sometimes more) with wilt resistant vines that will be thick with 4-5" long pods. Trellising of some sort will probably be necessary. To achieve optimal production, Mammoth Melting Sugar Peas should be planted in cool weather and the pods should be picked frequently. Harvesting pods regularly also helps your flavor buds as they are at their very best before the seeds inside are fully formed and plump. These peas have an amazing crunch and sweetness right off the vine but they are also super-delicious steamed or stir-fried. They will hold up well for freezing; which is a good thing considering the high yields you should get.
Days To Maturity: 65-75
Outdoor Sowing Recommended.
- As soon as soil can be worked in spring, prepare a spot in full sun in which to sow the peas. Space the rows 2' apart.
- Sow 2" deep and 6" apart within the rows
- Germination takes 7-10 days.
- Sow successively every two weeks until temperatures remain above 78°F and again in mid to late summer for a fall crop.
- Vining types need trellises or supports.
What's In The Package: Approximately 100 seeds per packet.