Serenade ASO is an organic broad-spectrum biofungicide that can be applied to many different crops and is effective against soil and foliar bacterial and fungal diseases. Designed to be applied preventatively, Serenado ASO has Bacillus subtilis strain QST 713 as its active ingredient. This beneficial bacterium forms a dense biofilm that forms a protective barrier around roots, seeds or transplants. This barrier will continue to grow along with the plant and its roots. As the bacillus grows in the root zone, it produces metabolites that:
- Stimulate a natural defense mechanism in the plant that promotes robust, healthy growth and stress resistance
- Enhances photosynthesis
- Kill soil diseases outright, including Pythium, Rhizoctonia and Fusarium
While much of the action is in the soil, when applied foliarly Serenade ASO protects against pathogens like Botrytis
, Powdery mildew, Sclerotinia
Other Key Benefits of Serenade ASO:
- Can be tank-mixed with other products, including fertilizers and other fungicides (see label for guidelines and any restrictions)
- 0-day PHI (Pre-Harvest Interval) and 4-hr REI (Restricted Entry Interval)
- Can be applied using existing spray or chemigation equipment
- Non-toxic to beneficials
- Unique mode of action that will not cause resistance development
- Exempt from the Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs) requirements
Can be used on the following crops:
Asparagus, Berries, Brassica Leafy Vegetables, Bulb Vegetables, Citrus Fruit, Corn, Nongrass Animal Feeds (Forage, Fodder, Straw and Hay), Cucurbit Vegetables, Fruiting Vegetables, Grapes, Hops, Leafy Vegetables, Legumes, Mint/Herbs/Spices, Oilseed Crops, Peanuts, Pome Fruit, Root and Tuber Vegetables, Stone Fruit, Tree Nuts, Tropical Fruits and Watercress. Please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for a more detailed list.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases:
Alternaria spp., Anthracnose (Colletotrichum spp.), Botrytis (Botrytis spp.), Damping Off (Aphanomyces spp.), Downy Mildew (Peronospora spp.), Cedar Apply Rust (Gymnosporangium juniperi-virginianae), Erwinia spp, Eutypa (Eutypa lata), Fire Blight (Erwinia amylovora), Fly Speak (Schizothyrium pomi), Fusarium spp., Gummy Stem Blight (Didymella bryoniae, Phoma cucurbitacearum), Late Blight (Phytophthora infestans), Leaf Spots (Multiple spp.), Melanose (Diaporthe citri), Monilinia spp., Phomopsis (Phomopsis viticola), Powdery Mildew (Multiple spp.), Pseudomonas spp., Rots (Multiple spp.), Rust (Multiple spp.), Scab (Venturia spp.), Shot Hole (Multiple spp.), Sigatoka (Mycosphaerella fijiensis), Sooty Blotch (Gloeodes pomigena), Sour Rot, Southern Leaf Blight (Multiple spp.), Target Spot (Corynespora cassiicola), White Mold (Sclerotinia sclerotiorum) and Xanthomonas spp.
Please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for more details and crop-specific diseases.
BASIC USE INFORMATION:
- Apply as a foliar spray alone, in alternating spray programs, as a soil drench alone, or in tank mixes with other registered crop protection products
- When conditions are conducive to heavy disease pressure, use Serenade ASO in a rotational program with other registered fungicides.
- Apply with spray equipment commonly used for making ground or aerial applications and irrigation systems commonly used for chemigation.
- Heavy rainfall or irrigation shortly after application may require retreatment.
- Every effort should be made to avoid spray drift when applying this product.
- Serenade ASO is most effectively used in a preventive disease management program.
- For improved performance, use in a tank-mix or rotational program with other registered fungicides.
- When using Serenade ASO alone for the first time, use a rate of 4 qt per acre.
- Increase the application rate and/or decrease spray intervals of Serenade ASO according to the application instructions depending upon disease pressure.
- To enhance performance, consider adding a surfactant, known to be safe to the target crop, to the spray tank to improve penetration and coverage of above-ground portions of the plant.
- Retreatment intervals are crop-specific but are generally 2-10 day intervals.
USE RATE DETERMINATION:
- Application rates are 2 to 6 quarts/acre or 1.3 to 3.8 oz/gal of water
- Use the stated maximum label rates and shorter spray intervals for conditions conducive to threatening or rapid disease development.
- For proper application, determine the number of acres to be treated, the label use rate and select appropriate gallonage to give good canopy penetration and coverage of plant parts to be protected.
- Prepare only the amount of spray solution required to treat the measured acreage.
- Accurate spray equipment calibration is essential prior to use.
- It is critical that the spray solution be agitated during mixing and application to assure a uniform suspension.
- Do not allow spray mixture to stand overnight or for prolonged periods.
- Maintain a spray solution pH between 4.5 and 8.5.
- Do not combine Serenade ASO in the spray tank with pesticides, surfactants or fertilizers if there has been no previous experience or use of the combination to show it is physically compatible, effective and non-injurious under your use conditions.
- A jar test is recommended before use.
For complete instructions please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab.
Environment: For terrestrial uses: Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate. Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift or run-off from treated areas.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage and disposal. Store in a dry area inaccessible to children. Store in original container only. Keep container closed when not in use.