Use this NOP-Compliant pre-emergent to keep lawns and gardens free of grassy and broadleaf weeds. It will work on both perennial and annual weeds, but perennial weeds can be stubborn and may require more than one application. This liquid Corn Gluten formulation is highly effective and simple to use; it comes in a bottle with a hose-end adapter that readily attaches to your hose for ease of application. As soon as the spray has dried, it is safe for people or pets to enter the treated area.
Maize Weed Preventer prevents weed seeds from germinating. The Corn Gluten in it works by releasing organic dipeptides into the soil, which will prevent the weeds' roots from growing properly and cause the weed to die. It will not harm your desirable plants; just wait until they have an established root system and/or are 2-3 inches tall, then spray over and around them. This product prevents weed seeds from germinating and growing, but will not kill existing weeds. Those should be removed before spraying. Apply in early spring to established turf or plants before weed germination. Apply in late summer/early fall after heat stress has passed.
This 32 oz. spray bottle covers 1,000 sq. ft. This product may be used up to four times per growing season.
Shake well before using. Apply this product using the hose-end applicator provided. It will accurately dilute the concentrated weed control. Application dates may vary for both spring and late summer/early fall applications from year to year, according to weather conditions.
Instructions for Hose-End Attachment:
- Shake container thoroughly, then attach to garden hose.
- Turn on water supply at the source. Water pressure will build in the hose since the sprayer is still in the "OFF" position.
- To apply product, bend safety tab and turn the control valve clockwise to the "ON" position.
- For best results, hold sprayer and bottle level and direct spray in a sweeping side-to-side movement. Spray contents of bottle evenly over treatment area. Do not overlap areas already sprayed.
- When spraying is complete, turn the control valve back (counterclockwise). Turn the water off. Disconnect hose from applicator and store any remaining product in original container.
- This product is to be applied to mature lawn areas having a well-developed root mass. Do not apply the product on newly seeded areas as it may inhibit seeds from germinating.
- Wait until after first mowing when root systems are established.
- In late summer/early fall, apply after heat stress has passed. If over-seeding or re-sodding in the fall, do not apply the product.
Vegetables & Flower Gardens –
- The first application can be safely made when your desirable vegetable or flower sprouts are 2-3 inches tall.
- Spray directly over and around established flowers, vegetables, herbs and fruits.
- Reapply every 4-6 weeks for best results.
Use to kill perennial and annual grassy and broadleaf weeds, such as Dandelions, Crabgrass, Clover, Black Medic, Annual Bluegrass, Bermudagrass, Purslane, Bittercress, Plantains, Yellow Foxtail and more.
Can be used in and around flower and vegetable gardens, lawns, trees, shrubs and ornamentals.
Do not apply to excessively saturated soil. Do not apply if rain is forecast within 24 hours after application. Do not irrigate for 24 hours after application. Excessive moisture at the time of application may reduce the effectiveness of this product. Do not apply to any body of water. Do not contaminate irrigation or drinking water supplies or aquatic habitats by cleaning of equipment or disposal of wastes.
Store and transport in upright position. Store only in original container, in a dry place away from children and pets. Do not reuse empty container.
Warning & Toxicities:
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. May cause sensitization. This product should not be applied if a member of the household has a sensitivity or allergy to corn. May irritate eyes and skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. May cause respiratory irritation. Avoid breathing spray mist. For good hygiene practice, wear a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, closed footwear and gloves when handling product. Safe for children and pets to use yard when spray has dried.
99.81%........Corn Gluten Meal
00.19%..........Potassium Sorbate (as a preservative)