Mammoth Red Clover, Trifolium pratenseis an early flowering clover that can produce up to three crops per year. We recommend cutting once in the summer and plowing under – or it can become a weedy plant. Mammoth red clover is an excellent nitrogen fixer. This cover crop is excellent for building soil structure with deep roots that break up soil compaction and helps to suppress weeds. In addition to improving soil, red clover makes excellent hay and the flowers attract beneficial insects.
- Tolerates acidic soil.
- Grows in poorly drained and low fertility soils.
- Will help to stabilize and cool soils.
- Excellent for weed suppression.
.………37° to 77°F ambient
Days to Maturity..…………200+ Days. Seed in fall.
- Seed at ½ lb. per 1000 square feet
- Seed at 7 – 18 lbs per acre.
- Seed at 5 – 8 when combined with grasses.
Use Alfalfa/Clover Inoculant
Suggested Use: Plant alone or frost seed with winter wheat once the wheat has greened up.
Shipping Restrictions: UPS Ground Only