The Active Air 2-Way Moisture/pH Meter can quickly and clearly give you the answers you need when it comes to determining whether your plants are getting the right amount of moisture and if the pH in their soil is in the correct range. When you have these two things correct, you are well on your way to happy, healthy plants.
- No batteries needed
- Prevents overwatering and underwatering
- Determines accurate pH values from 4-8
- For indoor and outdoor use
- Sturdy design for long-term usage
- If you are checking for pH you will need some distilled water to mix with the soil before taking a reading, so you'll want to pick up some before your Active Air 2-Way Moisture/pH Meter arrives.
MOISTURE METER FUNCTION:
- Slide the switch to the "MOIST" setting.
- Insert the probe ¾" of its length into the soil.
- The moisture reading registers on a scale of 0 (dry) to 10 (moist) and is located in the middle row of the reading output area.
- If your reading registers in the first half of the RED zone (0.1-1.5), it's time to water.
- For moisture-loving plants, if the reading registers in the second half of the GREEN zone (5-7), it is then time to water.
- Your plants do not need additional water if your reading registers in the BLUE zone (8-10).
pH METER FUNCTION:
- Slide the switch to the "pH" setting.
- Collect soil below 2" of the surface. Remove stones and other debris from the sample. Mix the soil with distilled water until it turns to mud.
- Gently wipe the tester probe with a soft, dry cloth.
- Insert the meter 4-5" into the sample and make sure the probe is in contact with the sample for one minute; then note the reading.
- In order to achieve the adequate pH level, you can raise it with lime or lower it with peat moss. For best results, you should use a pH Up or Down solution.
This 2-Way meter is not waterproof; only the probe tips can safely be submerged in liquid. For best results, carefully clean and dry your meter after every use.