Release Encarsia at the first sign of whitefly by hanging individual cards on plant foliage. Release rates vary depending upon crop, infestation and season of the year.
For greenhouse tomatoes and peppers, 1 strip per 4 plants weekly for 8-10 weeks; cucumbers, one per 2 plants weekly for 8-10 weeks; poinsettias, two per each plant weekly for 8-12 weeks. For each acre release 3,000 Encarsia weekly, for 8-10 weeks.
Follow these guidelines for effective control of greenhouse whitefly:
- Suspend the cards below plant tops.
- Cards can be put on stakes or hung from the edge of a pot.
- Do not touch the eggs or pupae.
- Do not hang them in direct sunlight.
- Place as close to whitefly populations as possible.
- Leave the cards in place for at least 10 days to allow all eggs to hatch.
- Look for parasitized whitefly pupae, easily distinguishable from pupae that have not been parasitized.
Storage: Do not store cards. If incubating cards, release adult wasps immediately after emergence.
Cannot Be Shipped To: HI, PR, VI, GU, AS, PW
Free Shipping in the contiguous 48 states. Ships via 2nd Day Only on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Shelf Life: Use within 18 hours of receipt. Keep out of direct sunlight. Do not allow to freeze.